Returns and refunds
Your rights if you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or incorrect you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the Goods repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back), see faulty goods section and incorrect goods section below;
- If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see the section below titled ‘Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do’
- If you have just changed your mind about the product, you may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods, see the section below titled ‘Changing your mind about your order’.
To cancel or change your order, you can email us at email@example.com with your instructions, entering the words ‘Order cancel’ in the subject title.
If you end the contract for any reason after Goods have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either post the Goods back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please contact customer services at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the Goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. You must take reasonable care of the items whilst they are in your possession and you must not use them. Please return the Goods to us in their original packaging, quoting the order reference number. We advise that you return any Goods using registered post in order to ensure their safe return.
We will refund you the price you paid for the Goods (including delivery costs in most cases), by the method you used for payment. If you have exercised your right to change your mind we reserve the right to make a deduction from the amount of any refund for loss in value of the Goods returned or where the Goods show signs of unreasonable use. If you have exercised your right to change your mind, you will be refunded the cost of the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within standard delivery timeframes at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
We will pay the costs of return:
- if the Goods are faulty or incorrect or
- if you are ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do;
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
If you discover the Goods are faulty, you must notify us of the defect within seven days of the date of delivery or within a reasonable period of time of discovery (if the defect was not readily apparent).
We may inspect the Goods, either by:
- asking you to return the Goods to us; or
- by sending a nominated person to inspect the Goods in your possession to assess whether the Goods are faulty.
If we agree with you that the Goods are faulty, and that the fault was not caused by your neglect or misuse of the Goods, or fair wear and tear, we will (depending on the circumstances) replace, refund or repair (if possible) the faulty Goods at no cost to you. We will refund any reasonable costs you prove that you have incurred in returning the faulty Goods to us. We recommend that you keep postal receipts for this purpose.
If we send you incorrect Goods, you must notify us as soon as you discover the mistake and within a reasonable period of time. We will either:
- arrange for our carrier to collect the Goods from you; or
- ask you to return the Goods to us by post at our cost.
We will either, at your choice:
- send you the correct items as soon as possible after receipt of the returned Goods; or
- refund the price of the Goods and delivery.
Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do
If you are ending a contract for any of the reasons detailed below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Goods which have not been provided. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the Goods or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
Changing your mind about your order
If you have changed your mind about your order, you may cancel your order in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
For most Goods bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of delivery of the Goods to you and receive a refund.
The ability to cancel orders because you have changed your mind does not apply to goods which have been damaged after delivery.